Feet Are Home to About a Quarter of All the Bones in Our Bodies
1. Nearly a quarter of all bones in our bodies are in our feet.
2. There are 26 bones in each foot, as well as 33 joints, 19 muscles, 10 tendons and 107 ligaments.
3. Your two feet have 250,000 sweat glands that are capable of producing half a pint of sweat in a single day.
4. Each foot takes 1.5 times your body weight while you walk.
5. The pressure on the feet when running can be as much as four-Five times the runners body weight.
6. Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common forms of foot pain. It affects more than 2 million people a year.
7. Women have about four times as many foot problems as men. High heels are partly to blame.
8. The afternoon is the optimum time to shop for shoes because the feet tend to be more swollen then.